Thursday 21 July 2011

My travel "bucket list"

My baby brother  (he's 14 - so not such a baby) is currently on holiday travelling through Germany, Denmark and Sweden. My flatmate has just been on a Contiki tour through Europe where they visited 10 countries in 16 days and tomorrow  he's heading off to New York for a long weekend. I'm not even pretending that I'm not jealous! 

At the moment, the only travelling I have planned is my daily commute into Central London. 

All this talk of travel and holidays has got me thinking about the trips I want to take and the places I want to see in my life time. Essentially my travel bucket list. 

Currently on the list:
  • Iceland I really want to see the Northern Lights - hopefully I can fit this in before the end of the year.
  • Ireland (mainly because of the movie PS I Love You) 
  • Italy - my plan is to take minimal luggage and get around using the trains.  
  • Las Vegas...
  • New Orleans
  • Machu Picchu
  • The Greek Islands
  • Croatia
  • Hungary
  • Amsterdam
This list keeps changing and keeps getting longer. I think ideally I would win the Euromillions and just spend a couple years travelling the world. But as that is probably the most unrealistic dream I could ever have - I will just have to cross these places off one at time. At least then there is always something to look forward to.

On a different note, my friend El introduced me to such an awesome band today: Young the Giant. She told me to listen to the song Apartment  - which is fantastic. I would also recommend listening to  'My Body' - which I actually prefer. Other bands that I'm listening to at the moment are Band of Horses (Compliments is a stunning song) and White Lies. they were one of the opening bands for Kings of Leon so I added them to my Spotify library and their song 'Bigger than us' probably gets repeated 3 or 4 times an hour.
White Lies - Hyde Park London - 22 June 2011


Spotify has to be one of the best programs ever! You can find nearly any music and stream it for free. I really hope it will make it to South Africa, else I am going to have to work out how to keep my subscription going.

As this post started out as a list of all the places I still need to go to, I unfortunately don't have any photos to post. But I did go to Dussledorf in December and spent some time exploring the Christmas markets and thought I might share some photos from that trip. Enjoy!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment