Saturday 18 February 2012

Sights from Sedgefield Beach

My aunt, cousin and I have come down to Sedgefield to visit my gran for a quick weekend break before I head out on my next adventure.

Sedgefield is a tiny little town about half way between Knysna and George on the Garden Route and it is the perfect place for a relaxing weekend away from the stress that comes with working and living in a vibrant city such as Cape Town.

While my Gran was making her famous roast beef for dinner, cousin and I went for a quick walk on one of the lovely beaches. Maxine's mission: pick up pebbles for a DIY project she wants to do. Mine? Not to let the sand sting me too much (it was windy!)

The beach was beautiful as the haze coming off the ocean gave it almost a grey scale appearance as if we were in a scene from Pleasantville!

Maxine's pebble mission was not so successful -- as soon as she found some, the waves seemed to want to reclaim them and nearly knocked us over!

Unfortunately, I only had my phone with me (my camera is 1,500 km from me) and this is the first time I am trying to email a blog post through! So hopefully the photos express the beauty of the Garden Route surrounding us and you can see them in the first place!





No comments:

Post a Comment