Thursday 25 August 2011

Views from the Greenwich Royal Observatory

After a really busy week in Düsseldorf, I managed to get some free time on Sunday and went through to Greenwich with a friend. I have been there before but the extent of our trips have been the market and the lawns of the Old Naval College. This time we actually went to the museums and found the Planetarium!

I haven't been to the Planetarium since I was in primary school and I tried to go when I was in New York but there was so many people in the museum that they weren't letting anyone in. Unfortunately we were too late to see an actual show - but at least I now know where it is and I will hike up the hill another day.

The view from the Royal Observatory is stunning! It is situated at the top of a hill behind the National Maritime Museum, and you can see great views of East London, including the O2 Dome.

The first photo below is the only photo I took in Düsseldorf this trip. The rest are from my trip to Greenwich.







We're heading off to Scotland this weekend and I intend taking loads of photos! I love the architecture in Edinburgh and lost all my photos from my last visit. But more info about Scotland and our adventure to the Highlands when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment