Sunday 14 August 2011

Paris in Autumn and other thoughts

Last year September, I went to Paris on business and managed to get an afternoon off to go see some of the sites including my favourite, le Sacre Coeur.

This trip was very short so I'm looking forward to going back later this year for a girls weekend when my mom comes to visit. Loads more time to explore the less "touristy" spots and experience a little bit of life in Paris.

Le Sacre Coeur

View from Le Sacre Coeur

Jardin des Tuileries

Looking toward Champs Elysee

Notre Dame - stained glass window

Eiffel Tower

Eiffel Tower

Notre Dame


The Louvre


Arc de Triomphe
This week has been quite hectic. Luckily we weren't affected by the London riots. I am not going to pretend that I fully understand why they occurred; but it seemed to me that what started out as a peaceful protest with a message to be conveyed lost its purpose as anarchy took over.

What was amazing though, was the community coming together in the aftermath with the various efforts to clean up the destruction and help those affected. These initiatives took over my twitter feed on monday and restored my pride in this city. The photo below was taken by twitter user Lawcol888 showing the clean up volunteers in Clapham.


One video that I did find quite amusing related to the riots:

Changing topic... we had to say goodbye to one of our dogs on Tuesday. Roswell was a special dog, and he had been with our family for over 10 years and we will miss him.
Roswell

I'm about to do quite a bit of travelling, which will be great. Next week I'm off to Dusseldorf for work, the following weekend is our Scotland trip - we're heading to the Highlands. And I have now booked a long weekend in Italy in mid September. But more details about these trips  - including loads of photos - as they happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment